Sondreson Hall is the center of activity for the North Fork Landowners’ Association and the community as a whole— from New Year’s Eve parties, to summer meetings and social functions, to Thanksgiving dinner.
Where is Sondreson Hall?
Sondreson Hall is about 8 miles north of Polebridge on the left.
View Larger Map
Renting Sondreson Hall
Consistent with our designation as a 501(c)(4), Sondreson Hall may be used free of change for all events that are open to the entire community as long as there is a sponsor who is a member of the NFLA. The hall may also be used for private events, meetings for other organizations, including governmental agencies, for a rental fee.
In addition, hall rental rates for small groups of other North Fork organizations, such as the NFPA Board, the Compact, or the North Fork Road Coalition will be able to meet for a reduced rate of $5.00/hour.
- Question: Why the change? The NFLA is tax-exempt under 501(c)(4), which means that it must be operated primarily to further the common good and general welfare of the community as a whole. It cannot be operate for the benefit of private interests. More importantly, the BoD believes that a more inclusive policy helps build the community by providing more opportunities for folks to get together.
- Question: Will this have an impact on our overall budget? It turns out that the hall rental revenues were a relatively small portion of the overall budget compared to donations. The BoD believes that by making hall use easier, revenue loss may be offset by an increase in donations.
- Question: Who should I contact to rent the hall? Alan McNeil is the BoD representative responsible for coordinating hall rentals. All requests for hall use should go through him (e-mail) and he will consult with the BoD on any questionable requests.
- Question: What if I just want to add something to the NFLA social calendar? There is a process in place for adding events to the social calendar. See the Social Committee section of the NFLA Committees page for more details.
Hall Usage Documents
Following are the four documents that everyone who would like to either use or rent the hall should read.
- Sondreson Hall Use Policy for Community Events – This document describes purpose of the hall, the criteria against which use is permitted and procedures to follow. In particular and consistent with our designation as a 501 (c)(4), Sondreson Hall may be used free of charge for all events that are open to the entire community as long as there is a sponsor who is a member of the NFLA. Please contact Alan McNeil (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) to put a community event on the calendar.
- Sondreson Hall Rental Policy – Sondreson Hall can be rented for private parties and meetings for other North Fork organizations and governmental agencies as long as there is an NFLA member who will be sponsoring the event and will be in attendance at the event to ensure that the Hall is used properly. This document describes the rental policy, fees for rental, and the process of renting. Please contact Tom Edwards (email: email@example.com) if you are interested in renting the Hall.
- Sondreson Hall Rental Agreement – This agreement must be completed for each rental of the hall. It includes the renters contact information, list of equipment and services provided, cancellation policy, etc.
- Duties of the Host – Renting Sondreson Hall bears important responsibilities for the host. This document provides a checklist for the host to ensure that the hall is left in good condition for the enjoyment of those attending future events.
Requests for either using or renting the hall may be sent to Contact@nflandowners.org or contact one of the members of the Board of Directors.