|August 5, 2018
10:30 am -
10:30am Sondreson Hall weekly thru August 26. Bring a snack to share.Don Sullivan, host
|August 6, 2018
North Fork Compact Meeting
8:00 pm -
8pm at Sondreson Hall. Bring a snack to share. Don Sullivan, host
|August 7, 2018||August 8, 2018
Extra Square Dance at the Hall
8:30 pm -
By special request, another square dance will be held at the Community Hall on Wednesday night at 8:30. Rumor has it that Sarah Ulrichsen and her group of wranglers from the horse barns at McDonald Lake will be coming up to the North Fork for another fun night of square dancing. The enthusiasm of these young people contributed greatly to the last square dance. Debo will be calling the dances and Kevin & Beth will be hosting. Everyone is invited. Whether you dance or not, the energy of the young horse wranglers is great to experience!
|August 9, 2018
Float Trip - Currently Cancelled
Here's a note from Janet Leigh... The next float, scheduled for August 9 will be cancelled due to both Dick & Kevin having a fire suppression class. If anyone would like to take over for that week, please contact Janet.
Class in Wild Land Fire Control
10:00 am -
Here is a message from the Heitz...
Rick Trembath of Flathead Forestry and Fire Consulting will be conducting a class in Wild Land Fire Control at Sondreson Hall at 10:00 am on Thursday, August 9. Trembath, some of you will remember, was head of structure protection on the Wedge Fire in 2003, and chief of the Big Fork Fire Department. He should know his material well, having retired from USFS after many years just before the Wedge.
If you are interested in learning how you can contribute to working on fire control on your own property, or helping the North Fork Irregulars (who are getting old, you know) in slowing a smaller fire start until USFS crews can arrive, please plan on attending. There may be a charge for getting Trembath here, but, at this time, we aren't sure of that.
Janet :Leigh will provide the main lunch, but please bring a side dish, salad, or dessert to share.
See you there!!
|August 10, 2018||August 11, 2018
History Tour:Billy Kruse’s Murder
10:00 am -
10am at the Leigh’s home, 15920 N Fork Rd – look for the lime green mailbox. Tour Billy Kruse’s homestead. Mr Kruse was killed in 1932 by Ed Petersen in a contest for the affections of May Powell aka Madame Queen. Our group will then travel to Mud Lake – the actual site of the shooting. Estimated time is 2-3 hours. Bring your lunch/snack and drink. Larry Wilson, host
Click here to download a hardcopy version of the 2016 calendar
- CHURCH SERVICES: Non-denominational services will be held at Sondreson Hall each Sunday at 10:30 a.m. led by Don and Sue Sullivan. Services begin on June 4th and run through August 27. Service followed by a coffee and social time.
- RAFT TRIPS: Dates have been established and are listed on the calendar. These trips will be led by the Ulrichsens and Leighs. For details contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NORTH FORK COMMUNITY BIBLE STUDY: On the 2nd Wednesday (May-October) Vernon and Karina Pettey will host Bible Q&A and potluck supper (6PM) at the Hall, followed (at 7PM) with Bible reading and discussion. We have extra Bibles, bring your questions. For further information contact Vernon at email@example.com.
- WERNICK’S GARDEN SALE: The Wernicks will be making their produce available for sale every other Wednesday at noon May 31st through August 23rd at their place on East Red Meadow Road. Don’t arrive late!
Activities without Specific Dates:
- BIKING: Valerie Cox and friends will be out on their two wheelers this summer and invite others interested. If you are interested, please use her mailbox at 1888 Paradise Ridge Trail, Polebridge or firstname.lastname@example.org
- HORSEBACK RIDES: Contact Ulrichsens if you’re interested in bringing your horse and joining them on the trail.
- HIKING: Contact Debo Powers at email@example.com for information about Hiking Trails in the North Fork.
All new information and/or changes to the calendar will be posted on Bulletin Boards in three locations: one of the boards is located between the Merc and the Northern Lights Saloon, one at the entrance to Home Ranch Bottoms and there is one outside Sondreson Hall. They will be kept updated with current information.
Latest News on the Calendar
Click here for all the latest news on the NFLA calendar.