|April 29, 2018||April 30, 2018||May 1, 2018||May 2, 2018||May 3, 2018||
May 4, 2018
Wernick’s Garden Market
12:00 pm -
Noon. Beginning today & continuing every other Wednesday thru Sept 26th. Travel to the bottom of East Red Meadow Rd, go thru log arch/gate on right. This 1st Market will feature mainly starts from the Wernicks; feel free to bring plants you would like to sell. Jerry & Linda Wernick, hosts
|May 5, 2018|
|May 6, 2018||May 7, 2018||May 8, 2018||May 9, 2018||May 10, 2018||May 11, 2018||May 12, 2018|
|May 13, 2018||May 14, 2018||May 15, 2018||
May 16, 2018
Flathead Wild and Scenic River Meeting
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
The Flathead National Forest, in coordination and partnership with Glacier National Park, is in the process of preparing a comprehensive river management plan (CRMP) for the 3-forks of the Flathead River.
A series of resource-focused public meetings will be held over the next six months, beginning on May 16th. This meeting will focus on water quality conditions, management, and concerns as part of the efforts to develop the CRMP. The meeting will be held at the Heaven’s Peak room in the Cedar Creek Lodge, Columbia Falls, Montana. The meeting will be from 6 pm to 8 pm and include presentations on current water quality information and facilitated discussion on how water quality should be addressed in the CRMP. For those new to the comprehensive river management plan process, an introductory presentation on the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act will begin at 5:45 pm. Future meeting topics and a preliminary schedule will be posted on the Flathead National Forest website.
The CRMP will address the current status of the river and the surrounding resources, outline goals and desired conditions, determine user capacity and create a monitoring plan for the next 15 to 20 years. In order to reflect the diverse users of the river and surrounding lands, the public is encouraged to help craft the future management of this designated wild and scenic river to ensure the river and its outstanding resources are maintained and protected.
For more information, please call Flathead National Forest Recreation Program Manager, Chris Prew at 406-758-3538.
Updates on the CRMP can be found at: https://www.fs.usda.gov/detailfull/flathead/home/?cid=fseprd573051&width=full
|May 17, 2018||May 18, 2018||
May 19, 2018
John Fredrick Memorial
1:00 pm -
North Fork Hostel 1pm. Share stories, & pictures of this world-famous preser-vationist & Polebridge “Mayor.” Burgers/hotdogs provided, bring a side dish & chairs. Oliver Meister, host.
|May 20, 2018||May 21, 2018||May 22, 2018||May 23, 2018||May 24, 2018||May 25, 2018||May 26, 2018|
|May 27, 2018||May 28, 2018||
May 29, 2018
First Aid/CPR/AED Class
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
The following note is from Bill Walker ... I'd like to remind everyone that Bob Lee is giving his very popular and extremely useful First Aid/CPR/AED class at Sondreson Hall on Tuesday, May 29. It starts at 9:00am and should wrap up around 3:30 or 4:00pm. Bring your own lunch and drinks.
Class size is limited to 10 people. Contact Bill Walker, email@example.com 406-407-2764, to reserve a place.
Cost is $45 (the $35 listed in the newsletter is an error). Bob accepts cash or checks.
The course includes American Heart Association certification in basic first aid, CPR and use of Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs). Also, Bob throws in helpful advice on the sort of supplies to keep on hand in remote areas like the North Fork.
We're holding this first course fairly early in the season (there's another in August) because many folks have summer jobs with the Forest Service, Park Service or other outdoor-related organizations. Most of these outfits require basic first aid certification every two years. Bob's course fulfills this requirement.
**NOTE: If you already made reservations and did not hear back from me, try again. There was an email outage a few days ago that caused some messages to go astray.**
Repeat class scheduled for Aug 14th.
|May 30, 2018||May 31, 2018||June 1, 2018||June 2, 2018|
Click here to download a hardcopy version of the 2016 calendar
- CHURCH SERVICES: Non-denominational services will be held at Sondreson Hall each Sunday at 10:30 a.m. led by Don and Sue Sullivan. Services begin on June 4th and run through August 27. Service followed by a coffee and social time.
- RAFT TRIPS: Dates have been established and are listed on the calendar. These trips will be led by the Ulrichsens and Leighs. For details contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NORTH FORK COMMUNITY BIBLE STUDY: On the 2nd Wednesday (May-October) Vernon and Karina Pettey will host Bible Q&A and potluck supper (6PM) at the Hall, followed (at 7PM) with Bible reading and discussion. We have extra Bibles, bring your questions. For further information contact Vernon at email@example.com.
- WERNICK’S GARDEN SALE: The Wernicks will be making their produce available for sale every other Wednesday at noon May 31st through August 23rd at their place on East Red Meadow Road. Don’t arrive late!
Activities without Specific Dates:
- BIKING: Valerie Cox and friends will be out on their two wheelers this summer and invite others interested. If you are interested, please use her mailbox at 1888 Paradise Ridge Trail, Polebridge or firstname.lastname@example.org
- HORSEBACK RIDES: Contact Ulrichsens if you’re interested in bringing your horse and joining them on the trail.
- HIKING: Contact Debo Powers at email@example.com for information about Hiking Trails in the North Fork.
All new information and/or changes to the calendar will be posted on Bulletin Boards in three locations: one of the boards is located between the Merc and the Northern Lights Saloon, one at the entrance to Home Ranch Bottoms and there is one outside Sondreson Hall. They will be kept updated with current information.
Latest News on the Calendar
Click here for all the latest news on the NFLA calendar.