|January 28, 2018||January 29, 2018||January 30, 2018||January 31, 2018||February 1, 2018||February 2, 2018||February 3, 2018|
|February 4, 2018||February 5, 2018||February 6, 2018||February 7, 2018||February 8, 2018||February 9, 2018||February 10, 2018|
|February 11, 2018||February 12, 2018||February 13, 2018||February 14, 2018||February 15, 2018||February 16, 2018||February 17, 2018|
|February 18, 2018||February 19, 2018||February 20, 2018||
February 21, 2018
2018 Winter Interlocal - LOCATION HAS BEEN UPDATED
10:00 am -
NOTE: THIS IS LOCATION IS DIFFERENT FROM AN EALIER ONE, SO DON'T GO TO THE WRONG PLACE.
The 2018 winter North Fork Interlocal Agreement meeting will be held Wednesday, February 21 at the Glacier Park Community Center in West Glacier. Start time is 10:00 a.m. The meeting usually lasts abut three hours.
The Interlocal Agreement provides for face-to-face contact with representatives of agencies whose policies and actions affect the North Fork. Interlocal Agreement meetings are held in the winter (in town) and summer (at Sondreson Hall). Agency attendees include Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks Montana Department of State Lands, U.S. Border Patrol, Glacier National Park, Flathead National Forest, U.S. Fish &Wildlife Service and Flathead County.
This is always a very interesting meeting, with reports from a range of government agencies and local organizations and often some quite vigorous discussion.
February 22, 2018
Wildfire in Western Montana Lecture Series
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
FireSafe Flathead and Flathead Valley Community College are hosting a 4-part Community Lecture Series on Wildfire in Western Montana. This first evening we will learn about the history of fire in our area.
Where: FVCC Arts and Technology Building, AT139
We live in a stunning Montana landscape that has seen fire for centuries. Rick Trembath and guests, including Tony Harwood of the Confederated Salish & Kootenai Tribes, will share a collection of photos & video to tell the history of fire in the greater Flathead area.
Rick started with the Flathead Hotshots from 1967-69 and has fought wildfires with the US Forest Service and Montana DNRC ever since. He served as a Safety Officer on a Type 1 Incident Management Team for 22 years and spent 35 years as a structure firefighter with the Bigfork Fire Department, both providing countless opportunities to photograph fire behavior and structure ignition.
Note: This is the first in a series of four lectures. More information to come!
|February 23, 2018||February 24, 2018|
|February 25, 2018||February 26, 2018||February 27, 2018||February 28, 2018||March 1, 2018||March 2, 2018||March 3, 2018|
Click here to download a hardcopy version of the 2016 calendar
- CHURCH SERVICES: Non-denominational services will be held at Sondreson Hall each Sunday at 10:30 a.m. led by Don and Sue Sullivan. Services begin on June 4th and run through August 27. Service followed by a coffee and social time.
- RAFT TRIPS: Dates have been established and are listed on the calendar. These trips will be led by the Ulrichsens and Leighs. For details contact email@example.com.
- NORTH FORK COMMUNITY BIBLE STUDY: On the 2nd Wednesday (May-October) Vernon and Karina Pettey will host Bible Q&A and potluck supper (6PM) at the Hall, followed (at 7PM) with Bible reading and discussion. We have extra Bibles, bring your questions. For further information contact Vernon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WERNICK’S GARDEN SALE: The Wernicks will be making their produce available for sale every other Wednesday at noon May 31st through August 23rd at their place on East Red Meadow Road. Don’t arrive late!
Activities without Specific Dates:
- BIKING: Valerie Cox and friends will be out on their two wheelers this summer and invite others interested. If you are interested, please use her mailbox at 1888 Paradise Ridge Trail, Polebridge or email@example.com
- HORSEBACK RIDES: Contact Ulrichsens if you’re interested in bringing your horse and joining them on the trail.
- HIKING: Contact Debo Powers at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about Hiking Trails in the North Fork.
All new information and/or changes to the calendar will be posted on Bulletin Boards in three locations: one of the boards is located between the Merc and the Northern Lights Saloon, one at the entrance to Home Ranch Bottoms and there is one outside Sondreson Hall. They will be kept updated with current information.
Latest News on the Calendar
Click here for all the latest news on the NFLA calendar.